Gone are the days when two-minute noodles make your parents fear that you’ll get scurvy.
These simple, cheap and absolutely delicious two-minute noodle recipes are great for cooking on a budget, or for something quick and easy to grab on the run before, or after class.
Have a Chinese Take- Out Cravings? Sesame Noodles it is.
- 1 packet noodles- vegetable flavour
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tsp white sugar
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- Sesame seeds (or sesame oil)
- Chilli powder
- Cook the noodles whatever way you like and set aside.
- Mix together the remainder of the ingredients and pour over warm noodles.
- Add chopped onion, spring onion and carrots for a delicious Asian-style noodle bowl.
Noodles for breakfast? Let’s make pancakes.
- 1 packet two-minute noodles – any flavour
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tsp flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tin corn kernels
- Optional extras: bacon, parsley, chives.
- Allow noodles to stand in boiled water for 5 minutes. Then drain water.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, flour, corn kernels, chives, parsley, flavour sachet and milk. Season to taste.
- Heat a pan, brush with oil, and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and cook until golden, turn over and cook until set.
Need a party trick? noodle cupcakes are always a winner.
- 2 packets of chicken two-minute noodles.
- 3 cups grated vegetables (zucchini, mushroom, corn, spring onion, or carrot)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped ham or bacon
- 1 cup cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 ˚C /160˚C fan-forced.
- Lightly coat a tray of 12 hole muffin pan with olive oil.
- Cook noodles as directed on packet discarding the chicken sachet.
- Drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a bowl.
- Add the chicken stock powder, Dijon mustard, grated vegetables, egg, light sour cream and bacon. Mix to combine.
- Spoon equal portions in muffin pans and top with cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Feeling healthy? Time to make a noodle salad.
- 1 packet two minute noodles – vegetable flavour.
- Thinly sliced cabbage
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 chopped sping onions
- flavour sachet from noodles with ½ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- Break up the noodles and toast in the oven together with the almonds and seeds, keep an eye on them, and give them a stir so they brown evenly.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Once the noodles, almonds and seeds are cool add to the cabbage and spring onions.
- Pour over the dressing just before serving.
Craving something spicy? Thai noodles make a great dish.
- 1 packet two-minute noodles – chicken flavour
- 2 Tbps peanut butter (chunky or smooth, it’s your choice)
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce.
- 2- 3 shakes of soy sauce.
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped green onion/ spring onion.
- Prepare ramen as directed on package. Drain all but about ¼ c. of the liquid from the noodles. Add peanut butter, tobasco sauce, and soy sauce. Stir together until well combined. Top with peanuts and/or green onion.
- You’re done.