Welcome to the University of Mpumalanga institution page! UMP is the first university in the Mpumalanga province. UMP is invested in improving South Africa’s society as well as creating a sustainable environment.
30 September – Bachelor of Education (Foundation Phase)
31 October – All other programmes
An administration fee, as indicated on the application form, must accompany each application. This money is non-refundable.
- SA applicants: R150
- SADC: R150
- Other African countries: R350
- Countries outside Africa: R500
Do I Need to Write the NBTs? →Yes
Remember to: Calculate your APS
UMP Open Days
Course Cost Range Per Annum
A registration fee of R3500 is payable on registration. Students who take their place at the UMP will have this fee deducted from their tuition fees. Tuition fees range from course to course.
HOW TO APPLY to the university of mpumalanga
Step 1: Get your application form.
You will be able to get application forms electronically from their website or from certain UMP campuses. These campuses can be found here.
- Hardcopy Application:
Once you have completed your application form, you may send it to UMP via email, post or hand delivery.
Email your application to email@example.com
You can post your application to:
UMP Mbombela Campus
C/r R40 and D725 Roads
Step 2: Complete your application form in full.
*Remember you’ll need an email address. Don’t have one? Get an email address here.
Step 3: Attach all supporting documents.
Along with your application form, you will need to submit your documentation. This includes certified copies of:
- Final Grade 12 results (if available).
- Grade 11 results (if currently doing grade 12).
- A copy of your South African ID document OR passport for International students.
- Academic Record and Certificate of Conduct if previously enrolled at another university.
Step 4: Complete a student accommodation form.
Step 5: Find Funding.
Check out all the available funding opportunities on EduFunding (the green button below). If you’re not sure about the differences in funding opportunities, we’ve got you covered.
View a detailed breakdown of how to apply to UMP here
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE ON OFFER?
UMP offers various degrees and diplomas. Below you will find the different study options as well as more information on these courses.
- Diploma ICT in Application Development
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Diploma in Agriculture in Plant Production
- Diploma in Nature Conservation
- Bachelor of Agriculture in Agricultural Extension and Rural Resource Management
- Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Advanced Diploma in Agriculture in Agricultural Extension
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
You can find out more about UMP’s programmes here.
Don’t meet the minimum requirements? There’s still hope.
Have questions about your application?
Tel: 013 002 0001
Need to find the institution?
Bheki Mfundo Drive, Siyabuswa, 0472
Cnr R40 and D725 Roads, Mbombela, 1200