Embury Institute for Higher Education is a fully accredited private institution that specialises in teacher education. They mainly focus on the foundation phase: pre-school and primary school teachers. Established in 1995, they’ve successfully trained some of the best teachers in South Africa. They also offer short courses that aid practicing teachers in achieving their CPTD (continuing professional teacher development) for the year.
Different from more traditional modes of training, Embury sends their students on regular practicals to schools throughout the academic year. This results in graduates who are already trained in the practical modes of teaching and have more experience than their more traditional counterparts.
Application Closing Dates
For 2019 studies: Applications close on 28 February 2018
- Full-time applications: Open in March 2019 and close in December 2019
- Distance learning applications:
- First intake: opens March 2019 and closes in June 2019
- Second intake: opens July 2019 and closes in December 2019
Full-time applications: R600
Distance learning applications: R250
National Open Day Information
*These dates are applicable to ALL campuses
- 28 September 2019
- 12 October 2019
- Full-time undergraduate degree: R47 500 to R48 500
- Distance learning: R12 000 to R27 000
- Postgraduate qualifications: R20 000
HOW TO APPLY
OPTION 1: ONLINE APPLICATION
*Remember you’ll need an email address. Don’t have one? Get an email address.
Go to the link below and complete the online application. Remember to have all of the relevant and compulsory documents on hand! These include:
- Proof of payment for application fee
- Certified copy of your ID
- Latest school results OR matric results
OPTION 2: EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- You can download the application form below or on their website. Complete it and email it through with the necessary supporting documents.
- Email them and request help. One of their recruitment advisers will contact you and help you along with the application process.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPTION 3: APPLY AT A CAMPUS NEAR YOU
Visit one of their three campuses between 8am and 4pm from Monday to Friday and one of the recruitment advisers on campus will help you with the application process.
Durban Musgrave campus: 75 Silverton Road, Musgrave
Midrand Waterfall campus: Cnr Waterfall & Simlak Drives, Waterfall Country Estate, Gate 1
Pretoria Montana Campus: 1037 Besembiese Road, Montana Park
APPLICATION FEE ONLINE PAYMENTS:
Each campus has their own banking details. When making payment, make sure you put the correct campus banking details in. You can find them on the Embury website.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE ON OFFER?
They offer the following education qualifications:
- Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching (NQF 7) (Contact learning)
- Bachelor of Education in Intermediate Phase Teaching (NQF 7) (Contact learning)
- Diploma in Grade R Teaching (NQF 6) (Contact and distance learning)
- Higher Certificate in Pre-School Education (NQF 5) (Contact and distance learning)
- Advanced Diploma in Physical Education and School Sports (NQF 7) (Contact learning)
Durban Musgrave Campus:
Tel: 031 303 7390
Pretoria Montana Campus:
Tel: 012 523 0600
Midrand Waterfall Campus:
Tel: 087 288 4765 or 087 288 4766
General email: email@example.com