City Varsity is a tertiary education college that focusses solely on media and creative arts. Not only do they offer top-notch academics, but they also offer a vibrant campus with emphasis placed on their in-house pool and foosball competitions. City Varsity graduates walk into the real world with a huge advantage due to their quality education as well as the hands-on approach City Varsity uses with their students.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: GET THE APPLICATION FORM
- To apply, you’ll need to download the application form by clicking the blue button below.
*Remember you’ll need an email address. Don’t have one? Get an email address here.
STEP 2: COMPLETE YOUR FORM
- Complete your form with all of your details. Remember to write neatly.
- Your guardian and person responsible for paying your tuition also needs to complete a section and sign the application form.
- The following documents will need to accompany your application form:
- Original and a certified copy of your ID
- International student: certified copies of your study permit and valid passport.
- Original and certified copy of your matric certificate
- Original and certified copy of Academic record and certificate of good conduct for students transferring from another tertiary institution.
- Where applicable: original and certified copies of confirmation of institute enrolment
- In situations where tuition is not paid in full upfront, the following must be attached as surety:
- Proof of income – in respect of fully employed persons
- Original and certified copies of the three most recent bank statements
- Proof of residence of account payer
- Should you require additional writing time for the examinations, all supporting documentation should be attached.
STEP 3: PAY THE APPLICATION FEE
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE ON OFFER?
City Varsity offers various levels of qualifications in the media and creative arts industry.
Their full-time courses include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Acting for Camera
- Diploma in Animation / Advanced Diploma in Animation and New Media
- Bachelor of Arts: Film and Television
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Professional Acting for Camera
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Film and Television Production Techniques
- Higher Certificate in Journalism and Digital Media
- Higher Certificate in Motion Picture Make-up
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Multimedia Design And Production
- Higher Certificate in New Media Development
- Diploma in Professional Photography
- Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Sound Engineering
You can view all of their full-time courses here and their part-time courses here. Keep in mind that their Cape Town and Johannesburg campuses will not offer the same courses. Contact them to find out if your preferred campus has the course that you’re interested in.
Tel: +27 (0)21 466 6800
Tel: +27 (0)11 242 6360
To contact them via email, go here.