Have you recently finished matric only to discover that your results aren’t good enough to apply for the course you had hoped to study or university you had wished to attend? You can improve your matric results with Damelin Correspondence College.
Completing matric is a huge step that takes a lot of work and studying. The pressure piles on. If you didn’t achieve the kind of results you had hoped – don’t despair. The positive in this situation is that you’ve made it through high school. If you’re not sure about the next step forward, perhaps you should consider what you need your marks to do for you.
Do you need better marks to get into a specific course? This is the situation many matriculants find themselves in. They have the passion and desire to study, but not the marks to support their dreams. If this sounds like you, upgrading your marks through Damelin Correspondence College may be a viable option for you.
How Do I Improve My Results?
Damelin offers a course that allows students who have already achieved their National Senior Certificate, the opportunity to improve their marks in order to apply towards a course with particular entrance requirements.
About the Course
The revised Grade 12 course is only one year and you will be required to submit assessments to the college for marking. The marks for these assessments do not count towards your final examination mark. However, Damelin encourages students to complete and submit all the assessments so that the tutors can provide you with feedback regarding your progress.
In order to complete the course, you will need to take six subjects for the year. You can choose these from the tables provided below.
This is how choosing your subjects will work:
You must choose two official languages from Group A (one Home Language [HL] and one First Additional Language [FAL]).
You will then choose four other subjects from the tables in Group B.
|Afrikaans Huistaal (HT)|
|Afrikaans Eerste Addisionele Taal (EAT)|
|English Home Language (HL)|
|English First Additional Language (FAL)|
|isiXhosa Home Language (HL)|
Table B1: Agricultural
Table B2: Business, Commerce and Management Studies
Table B3: Human and Social Studies
Table B4: Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences
You can enroll to do the Senior Certificate with the following:
- You are eligible to enrol if you are 21 years old and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate Grade 12:
- You will be required to provide a certified copy of your Senior Certificate Statement of Results as proof of having completed some subjects on the Senior Certificate.
- You are eligible to enrol if you are 21 years old and older, and you have completed one of the following qualifications:
- Passed Grade 9
- Completed a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) for Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET)
- Completed NQF Level 1
- Completed Grade 10 / Grade 11
- Completed an equivalent qualification.
- You will be required to provide a certified copy of the qualification at this level.
- You are eligible if you are repeating your National Senior Certificate and you are a part-time candidate 21 years old and older.
- Your National Senior Certificate Statement of Results will be required.
- If you are an out-of-school learner 18–21 years old, who could not complete your school education and wish to further your education and training.
- You must obtain approval from the Provincial Head of Education (an official letter from the Department of Basic Education which indicates approval will be required)
How do I Apply?
Contact Damelin on: 086 061 6161
Or email your query to: email@example.com
Please note: There is no online application for this course. You will need to contact Damelin directly to find out more and to access the application form. You can also fill in the form below and DCC will contact you as soon as they can.
The Senior Certificate will be obtained after you have successfully completed the Grade 12 Revised Senior Certificate after sitting for the Grade 12 examinations. These examinations are administered by the Department of Basic Education, and the Certificate is awarded by UMALUSI.
If your marks at the end of matric are not high enough to gain entrance into the university you wish to attend, there is still hope! With Damelin’s option to improve your matric results, you will be able to apply to the university or course of your choice with the added benefit of having the marks you need. This is your life and it is up to you to do what will be good for your future!