Bachelor of Education
Teachers create little geniuses, so you better be prepared to work like crazy to keep it that way. Good quality education empowers people and motivates them to work as hard as they can to achieve their goals and make a difference. Education is the way to a better country and by studying this, you have the opportunity to help make that difference with you education career. This faculty is very specific as you can only study to become a teacher. There are no other routes to take with an undergraduate degree. You can either major in foundation phase, intermediate phase or senior phase. Depending on which stream you select, will determine which modules you are required to take and which skills you will be taught. High school teachers need very different skill-sets to foundation phase teachers. With the different streams of education careers, it is important to choose the one suited to you. Read through the table below for some more information to make your decision easier.
- Subject requirements may differ slightly at each university.
- Associated salary depends on which route you choose to take with your degree, the given associated salary is not completely accurate and is just to give you an idea of what to expect.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column offset=”vc_hidden-sm vc_hidden-xs”][vc_column_text]
|Degree: BEd||Possible careers||What you need to do to study this:|
|Bed(General Education) Specialisations in :
A Postgraduate qualification is necessary to specialise in FET and Senior and FET phases Average starting salary of R20,370 a month.
|Professional teacher in grades and specialising, such as
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column offset=”vc_hidden-lg vc_hidden-md”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text]
Degree: BEd (General Education)
- Foundation Phase (Grade R to 3)
- Intermediary Phase (Grades 4 to 6)
- Senior Phase (Grades 7 to 9)
A Postgraduate qualification is necessary to specialise in FET and Senior and FET phases
Average starting salary of R20,370 a month.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Possible careers:
Professional teacher in grades and specialising, such as
- Remedial support
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]What you need to do to study this:
- Write AQL NBT
- NSC OR IEB aggregate of 55% minimum, excluding Life Orientation
- Mathematics 40% OR Mathematical Literacy 60%
- English Home Language 60%
- Afrikaans OR Xhosa First Additional Language 50%
- Afrikaans Home Language 60%
- English OR Xhosa First Additional Language