You’ll find a breakdown of how to apply to the Vaal University of Technology (VUT) below. We’ve got instructions on the online application process AND the hardcopy application. Tertiary education is just a few steps away! Let’s get started.
VUT Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of September for South African applicants and at the end of October for international applicants.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how using this breakdown.
Apply to VUT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to VUT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Have all your documents ready to upload.
How to Apply Online
VUT has one online application portal where you will be able to apply.
Apply to VUT using the hardcopy application
Things to note before applying with a hardcopy form:
- Make sure you have attached all supporting documents before sending off the application form.
- There are separate application forms for undergraduate, postgraduate, international and BTech applicants.
- If you are applying for re-admission, you will need to complete a re-admission form.
You can post your completed application form to:
Main Campus (Vanderbijlpark)
Andries Potgieter Boulevard
Private Bag X021
Application Fees for VUT
All applicants will have to pay an application fee of R100.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a late application fee of R140.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Here’s the deal: you must ensure that your Grade 11 and latest Grade 12 results are submitted. Failure to do this may result in delays with your application process. Not cool. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals.
International students will need to be evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority and this evaluation will need to be submitted with the application form.
NOTE: Once you have submitted your application form, you will be able to check your application status.
Contact Vaal University of Technology:
For more information on how to apply to VUT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the VUT Admissions Department using the following number:
Tel: +27 (0)16 950 9356