Here’s everything you need to know about UNISA applications, registrations, courses and more. See how to apply to UNISA directly online as well as applying to study UNISA courses through a TVET College.
University of South Africa (UNISA) Application Breakdown
- Applications are open and continuous, meaning applications remain open all year-round.
- We recommend you apply as early as possible in the application cycle, to give yourself the best chance of acceptance.
- Take a look at our official UNISA Institution Page to find out more about the university.
Also check out this infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Apply to Unisa through a TVET College
Things to consider before applying:
- This application process is for non-degree programmes.
- Classes will be held at the TVET college.
- The programmes are primarily higher certificate qualifications offered at a number of TVET colleges.
- Once you have completed one of these qualifications, it could give you a better opportunity to qualify for one of Unisa’s degree programmes.
Check out these institution application dates!
- Applicants will need to pay R105 for online applications.
- Applicants applying via Unisa for a TVET college can use a hardcopy application – the application fee for this is R160.
Submitting of Results and Documents
When it comes to submitting your documents, you will need to ensure that your Grade 11 and latest Grade 12 results are submitted. Failure to do this may result in delays with your application process. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals.
How to Contact UNISA:
For more information on how to apply to Unisa, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the Admissions Department using the following details:
Telephone: 012 441 5888