You will find a breakdown of how to apply to the University of Fort Hare (UFH) below. We have got instructions on the online application process AND the hardcopy application form. Ready? Great! Let’s get started!
UFH Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of October.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how using this breakdown.
Apply to UFH using the online application
Things to note before applying online to UFH:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- All applicants will need to pay a non-refundable application fee of R80.
- You’ll need to upload your deposit slip together with the other required documents.
How to Apply Online
UFH has one online application portal for new applicants as well as returning students.
Also, be sure to check out these 2020 institution application dates!
Apply to UFH using the hardcopy application
Things to note before applying with a hardcopy form:
- There are two separate forms for undergraduate and postgraduate applicants.
- The application fee for hardcopy applicants is R120.
- For postgraduates, late applications will be accepted until 31 December and an application fee of R250 will be charged.
- A certified copy of your requirements will need to be attached to your application. This includes your deposit slip.
- Need accommodation? You will need to indicate if you do and complete the application for student accommodation.
You can send your completed application form to one of the following addresses:
University of Fort Hare
Private Bag X1314
EAST LONDON CAMPUS
The Registrar University of Fort Hare
Private Bag X9083
Application Fees for UFH
All applicants who apply online will need to pay an application fee R80. Applicants who apply using the hardcopy application process will need to pay an application fee of R120. Late applications from postgraduates will be accepted until 31 December and have a late application fee of R250.
The residence application fee is R120 for all applicants.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Here’s the deal: you must ensure that your latest set of results is submitted. Failure to do this may result in delays with your application process. Not cool. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals.
You will receive an SMS which will indicate your status and after that, a letter of confirmation will be sent to you. Current matrics will get confirmation after their final matric marks are available.
Contact University of Fort Hare:
For more information on how to apply to UFH, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UFH Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 040 602 2011
Tel: 040 608 3407
Tel: 043 704 7000