You’ll find a breakdown of how to apply to the University of Cape Town (UCT) below. We’ve got instructions on the online application process AND the hardcopy application. Tertiary education is just a few steps away! Excited? Let’s make it happen.
UCT Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of July for undergraduates and at the end of October for postgraduate applicants.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how using this breakdown.
Apply to UCT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to UCT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- You will need to have registered for the NBTs before applying online.
- You will need to pay an application fee.
- Need accommodation? Make sure you mark this on your application form.
- Remember to check faculty-specific requirements before applying.
- Please note: Postgraduate applicants can only apply online.
How to Apply Online
UCT has one online application portal for all applicants.
Application Fees for UCT
All applicants from SA and the SADC region will need to pay an application fee of R100. Applicants from outside the SADC region are required to pay an application fee of R300.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Let’s break it down: all current matric applicants will need to submit their grade 11 results as well as their latest grade 12 results. Failure to submit these results might delay your application process.
Are you a transferring student? If yes, you will need to make sure all your transcripts and academic records to date are submitted to the applications department as soon as possible. A final transcript of your current studies will also need to reach UCT at the earliest possible date. Pretty standard stuff.
Once you have submitted your application, you’ll be able to check your application status online.
Contact the University of Cape Town:
For more information on how to apply to UCT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the UCT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 021 650 2128