You’ll find a breakdown of how to apply to the Durban University of Technology (DUT) below. We’ve got instructions on their online application process and everything else you need to know. Tertiary education is just a few steps away! Ready? Let’s get started.
DUT Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at various times through the year, depending on study choice.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Apply to DUT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to DUT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying. Find out how.
- The application process is through the Central Applications Office (CAO) which processes all first-time applications to institutions in KZN.
- The CAO will only accept one application form per applicant to a specific institution for a particular year.
- Make sure your latest academic results are scanned and ready to upload.
How to Apply Online
You can apply to DUT through the CAO application portal. All prospective students will be able to apply through this system.
Application Fees for DUT
All South African applicants will need to pay an application fee of R220.
International applicants will need to pay an R250.
Applicants who submit their application after 31 October, will need to pay a fee of:
R400 (South Africans)
DUT Fees & Finance Rules Booklet: CLICK HERE
Submitting of Results and Documents
You will need to make sure that you submit your latest academic records when applying. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals. Are you a transferring student? If yes, ensure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible. All documents will need to be uploaded so be sure you have them scanned and ready when applying.
NOTE: Once you have completed your application and have a student number, you can check your application status on CAO.
Contact Durban University of Technology:
For more information on how to apply to DUT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the DUT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 031 373 2000