You’ll find a breakdown of how to apply to Mangosuthu University of Technology (MUT) below. We’ve got instructions on their online application process and everything else you need to know. Tertiary education is just a few steps away! Ready, steady, let’s go.
MUT Application Breakdown
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close on different dates depending on the faculty. Please note that late applications will mean that you’ll have to pay a late application fee.
Before you begin applying online or in hardcopy, have a look at our infographic on Things to Remember Before Applying.
Apply to MUT using the online application
Things to note before applying online to MUT:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- Have you calculated your APS? You’ll need to do this before applying.
- The application process is through the Central Applications Office (CAO) which processes all first-time applications to institutions in KZN.
- The CAO will only accept one application form per applicant to a specific institution for a particular year.
- Make sure your latest academic results are scanned and ready to upload.
How to Apply Online
You can apply to MUT through the CAO application portal. All prospective students will be able to apply through this system.
Application Fees for MUT
South African applicants who submit their application form on time will need to pay an application fee of R200 while international applicants are required to pay an application fee of R250.
For late applications, South Africans need to pay R400 and international applicants are required to pay a fee R500.
Submitting of Results and Documents
Here’s the deal: you must ensure that your latest set of results is submitted. Failure to do this may result in delays with your application process. Not cool. All the documents you attach will need to be certified copies of the originals.
Are you a transferring student? If yes, make sure that all transcripts and academic records are submitted as early as possible.
NOTE: once you have submitted your application, you will be able to check your application status on CAO.
Contact Mangosuthu University of Technology:
For more information on how to apply to MUT, you can visit their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the MUT Admissions Department using the following details:
Tel: 021 650 2128