Are you currently a NSFAS-funded student? Or do you want to apply for a NSFAS bursary for 2019? Either way – we have some important news to share with you.
NSFAS is in the process of improving the functionality of their online platform. Why? This is to make it more accessible and user-friendly.
NSFAS Bursary: Tell me more!
Many NSFAS-funded students have been facing issues in terms of updating or changing their contact details in preparation for the opening of 2019 applications (which are said to open on the 3rd of September).
SMS’s are the main way in which NSFAS communicates with students, so make sure that your contact information is correct and up-to-date. It is also important to make sure that the cell phone number connected to your account is one that you have regular access to so that you never miss any updates or information from NSFAS.
The South African government has pledged that education should be free for underprivileged and working-class students. Does this mean that they can help you fund your studies, and how can you get on board? Click here to find out more.
If you are Already Registered with NSFAS
How to update your NSFAS account details:
- Login to nsfas.org.za
- Enter your username and password (on the ‘already registered’ tab)
- Click ‘sign in’
- Select ‘My Personal Details’ and delete incorrect cell phone number and replace it with correct one (the same can be done with other incorrect information)
- Click ‘update details’
- A one-time pin (OTP) will be sent to the new cell phone number
- You will be asked to enter and submit the OTP on the NSFAS website once it has been sent to you
- Once this is done, your details are updated
The manual process of changing contact details is still available. This involves emailing a certified copy of an ID book or smart card, along with an affidavit stating that the cell phone number has been changed (the old and new number must be noted), to the following email address: email@example.com.
If you are NOT yet Registered with NSFAS
How to create a NSFAS profile:
- Go to nsfas.org.za
- Click on ‘MyNSFAS Account’
- Register and create a profile
Once you have applied to NSFAS, you should wait no longer than a week to have your application acknowledged. If you do not receive acknowledgment of your application, you are requested to call the Toll Free NSFAS call centre (08000 673 27).